Last winter Specter and Meltdown made news due to the fact that the flaw had existed and been exploited for almost 20 years! Now, there is a new flaw – Foreshadow.
As with Spectre and Meltdown, this affects Intel chips and there is a patch in place.
Chips that have been affected:
- Intel Core i3/i5/i7/M processor (45nm and 32nm)
- 2nd/3rd/4th/5th/6th/7th/8th generation Intel Core processors
- Intel Core X-series Processor Family for Intel X99 and X299 platforms
- Intel Xeon processor 3400/3600/5500/5600/6500/7500 series
- Intel Xeon Processor E3 v1/v2/v3/v4/v5/v6 Family
- Intel Xeon Processor E5 v1/v2/v3/v4 Family
- Intel Xeon Processor E7 v1/v2/v3/v4 Family
- Intel Xeon Processor Scalable Family
- Intel Xeon Processor D (1500, 2100)
What should you do?
Make sure that your operating system is up-to-date and the patches should install with the updates.
As always, if we can ever be of assistance, please feel free to give us a call at 603-524-1400, email us at email@example.com, or link up with one of our technicians on live chat at www.samedaycomputers.com!
Have a damaged screen on your phone or tablet? We are now offering repairs on those as well as our computer services!
If you would like to get our weekly newsletters please email us!